Quizlet is a free website providing learning tools for students, like flashcards, study and game modes. You can easily create new study or teaching material and share it with your students. Additionally, Quizlet provides over 40 million flashcard sets from other users you can use. You can also create study groups in which students can share their materials. Rankings and statistics about the study progress can be a good motivation. Also can the website be used from any mobile device.
After loggin in, you start with creating a study set. Now you can choose from six different study possibilities:
- Flashcards – Review your material, shuffle/randomize, or listen with audio.
- Learn – Track your correct/incorrect answers and retest the ones you’ve missed.
- Speller – Type what you hear in this audio-powered study mode.
- Test – Randomly generate tests based on your flashcard set.
- Scatter – Race against the clock to drag and match terms/definitions.
- Space Race – Type in the answer as terms/definitions scroll across the screen.
Finally, share your created study set with your students or use it in class.